Your working capital solution starts here.
Asset-Based Lending (ABL) is an attractive solution for asset-rich businesses and financial sponsors looking to maximize a company’s borrowing capacity with cost-effective funding. Our flexible financing is structured to meet your needs, whether you want ready access to capital, need greater liquidity to support a growth or a turnaround strategy, or require fewer covenants than traditional bank financing. Reach out – we would love to have a conversation about how we can help your business or portfolio company.
- Capital Strength – Backed by Laurentian Bank, a global diversified financial services provider.
- A Friendly Face – Our employees are ABL experts and leverage their knowledge to customize a solution for your unique situation.
- Collaborative Lending Relationship – With continual communication and a dedication to quality service.
- Responsiveness – Quick decisions within 24 hours based on preliminary information.
- Efficient – Complete transaction within 30-60 days depending on complexity.
- Simple Process – Using standard credit documentation.
- Apparel & Textiles
- Business Services
- Consumer Products
- Forest Products
- Food & Beverage
- Media & Publishing
- Metals & Mining
- Oilfield Services
How it Works
- Asset-based financing is structured as a revolving line of credit, allowing companies to borrow as needed against accounts receivable, inventory, equipment, real estate and other assets.
- The amount that can be borrowed depends on a percentage of the value of the collateral which typically ranges between 60% and 90% depending on the asset class. This percentage is known as the advance rate.
- Revolving Lines of Credit
- Term Loans
- Senior secured revolving lines of credit and term loans from $2 – $20 million
- Typically 1-3 year terms with renewal provisions
Benefits of ABL
- Greater Borrowing Availability – Capitalize on the value in your assets.
- Flexible – Able to quickly adapt to your evolving business needs and whatever challenges and opportunities you are facing.
- Strategic Tool – Use to support ongoing operational needs, organic growth and acquisitions, or turnaround or restructuring plans.
- Scalable – can increase or decrease based on current business size and needs.
- Cost-Effective – ABL rates are attractive compared to other forms of credit and don’t require equity.
Who We Work With
Asset-Based Lending is a great solution for businesses experiencing cash flow constraints due to rapid growth, with historical losses, deficit net worth, seasonal fluctuations, high leverage, fast growth or expansion needs, change in ownership, acquisition needs, working capital deficiencies, or tight liquidity.
- Lower- and middle-market companies in the United States and their sponsors
- Annual sales $10 – $100 million
- Early stage with an established management team and ready product or service offering through mature companies
- [email protected]
Robert Wagner is Head of Asset-Based Lending for Northpoint Commercial Finance. A growth-oriented multidisciplinary leader, Robert has nearly three decades of commercial finance, inventory finance and specialty lending experience focused on the middle market. He oversees a nationwide market with regional offices across the United States.
Prior to joining Northpoint, Robert was a Managing Director for Wells Fargo Capital Finance and served as Division President for Textron Financial’s Asset-Based Lending Division. He previously held senior business development roles with GE Capital and Conseco Finance.
Robert earned his BA in Economics at the University of California, Los Angeles.